The only silver foam dressing that offers the healing benefits of an AQUACEL® Ag interface layer, the comfort of foam and the bacteria-killing power of ionic silver.*1
* As demonstrated in vitro
Waterproof/bacteria barrier provides:
- Controlled moisture vapor transmission*
- Protection against viral/bacterial penetration*2
Soft foam pad absorbs fluid*
Silicone adhesive border adheres to skin, outside of wound bed
AQUACEL® Ag interface with Hydrofiber® Technology gels on contact with the wound surface to:
*As demonstrated in vitro
1. Jones SA, Bowler PG, Walker M, Parsons D. Controlling wound bioburden with a novel silver-containing Hydrofiber dressing. Wound Repair Regen. 2004;12(3):288-294.
2. AQUACEL® Foam dressing—waterproofness, bacterial and viral barrier testing. WHR13538 MS069. Data on File, ConvaTec Inc.
3. Walker M, Hobot JA, Newman GR, Bowler PG. Scanning electron microscopic examination of bacterial immobilization in a carboxymethyl cellulose (AQUACEL®) and alginate dressings. Biomaterials. 2003;24(5):883-890.
4. Armstrong SH, Brown DA, Hill E, Ruckley CV. A randomized trial of a new Hydrofiber dressing, AQUACEL®, and an alginate in the treatment of exuding leg ulcers. Presented at: 5th European Conference on Advances in Wound Management; Harrogate, UK: November 1995.
5. Barnea Y, Amir A, Leshem D, et al. Clinical comparative study of AQUACEL® and paraffin gauze dressing for split skin donor site treatment. Ann Plast Surg. 2004;53(2):132-136.
6. Caruso DM, Foster KN, Blome Eberwein SA, et al. Randomized clinical study of Hydrofiber dressing with silver or silver sulfadiazine in the management of partial thickness burns. J Burn Care Res. 2006;27(3):298-309.
7. Kogan L, Moldavsky M, Szvalb S, Govrin Yehudain J. Comparative study of AQUACEL® and Silverol treatment in burns. Ann Burns Fire Disasters. 2004;17(4):201-207.
8. Waring MJ, Parsons D. Physico-chemical characterisation of carboxymethylated spun cellulose fibres. Biomaterials. 2001;22(9):903-912.
9. Jones SA, Bowler PG, Walker M. Antimicrobial activity of silver-containing dressings is influenced by dressing conformability with a wound surface. WOUNDS. 2005;17(9):263-270.
(c) 2013 ConvaTec Inc.
(R)/TM AQUACEL and Hydrofiber are trade marks of ConvaTec Inc.. All other trade marks are the property of their respective owners.