Search Products by Category
AQUACEL® Ag SURGICAL cover dressingCombination dressing with a mix of skin-friendly hydrocolloid technology for comfort during body movement, and proprietary Hydrofiber® Technology with ionic silver to help manage serosanguinous fluid. Cover layer of polyurethane film provides a viral, waterproof and bacterial barrier (when intact and with no leakage), for a high-performance dressing. Added ionic silver provides sustained antimicrobial activity for up to fourteen days as demonstrated by in vitro studies.1
|412009||AQUACEL® Ag SURGICAL cover dressing||9x10cm (3½" x 4"); for incisions up to 4cm (1½")||Box of 10 dressings|
|412010||AQUACEL® Ag SURGICAL cover dressing||9x15cm (3½" x 6"); for incisions up to 9cm (3½")||Box of 10 dressings|
|412011||AQUACEL® Ag SURGICAL cover dressing||9x25cm (3½" x 10"); for incisions up to 17cm (6½")||Box of 10 dressings|
|420670||AQUACEL® Ag SURGICAL cover dressing||9x30cm (3½" x 12"); for incisions up to 22cm (8½")||Box of 10 dressings|
|412012||AQUACEL® Ag SURGICAL cover dressing||9x35cm (3½" x 14"); for incisions up to 27cm (10½")||Box of 10 dressings|
AQUACEL® Ag SURGICAL cover dressings are an easy-to-use, single-product solution to the post-operative management of surgical incisions. They are designed to enhance clinical outcomes and facilitate patient mobility. Added ionic silver provides sustained antimicrobial activity for up to 14 days as demonstrated by in vitro studies1.
Evidence supports that, compared to a non-woven post-operative surgical cover dressing regimen, AQUACEL® Ag SURGICAL cover dressings.2a, 3b: Reduce surgical site infection (SSI)Reduce skin blisteringReduce delayed dischargeRequire fewer dressing changes
- A post-operative regimen using Mephore(TM) dressing covering AQUACEL® dressing was compared to a new dressing regimen of DuoDERM® Extra Thin dressing covering AQUACEL® dressing after application of a liquid film forming acrylate. A subsequent study demostrated no enhancement of the new dressing regimen by the acrylate.
- Equivalent performance of AQUACEL® SURGICAL cover dressing to DuoDERM® Extra Thin dressing covering AQUACEL® dressing demostrated in in vitro testing.
- Bowler PG, Jones SA, Walker M, Parsons D. Microbicidal properties of a silver-containing hydrofiber dressing against a variety of [...]. JBC Rehabil. 2004; 25(2):192-196.
- Clarke JV, Deakin AH, Dillon JM, Emmerson S, Kinninmonth AWG. A prospective clinical audit of a new dressing design for lower limb arthoplasty wounds. J Wound Care. 2009;18(1):5-11
- Laboratory Test Comparison of AQUACEL® Surgical Dressing 'New Design' and the Jubilee Method of Dressing Surgical Wounds. WHRI3264 TA180. October 7, 2009. Data on file, ConvaTec.