The benefits of AQUACEL® Foam dressing
Only AQUACEL® Foam dressing offers comfort and simplicity, plus the healing benefits of an AQUACEL® interface
- Water Proof/Bacteria Barriera provides — Evaporation of excess moisture — A waterproof barrier against viral/bacterial penetration1, a — Allows patient to shower and bathea
- Soft Absorbent FOAM pad enhances patient comfort and absorbs excess fluid
- AQUACEL® interface gels on contact with wound exudate to maintain a moist environment — Locks in wound exudate, including harmful components2, a — Vertical wicking prevents lateral spread of fluid, reducing risk of maceration3, a — Micro-contours to the wound bed, minimizing dead space where bacteria can grow4, a
- Gentle silicone border designed to adhere to surrounding skin, not to the wound bed — Skin-friendly adhesive supports simple application and removal — Demonstrated low potential for dermal irritation or allergic contact sensitization5
- AQUACEL® Foam Dressing – waterproofness, bacterial and viral barrier testing. WHRI3538 MS069. Data on File, ConvaTec Inc.
- Walker M, Hobot JA, Newman GR, Bowler PG. Scanning electron microscopic examination of bacterial immobilisation in a carboxymethyl cellulose (AQUACEL®) and alginate dressings. Biomaterials. 2003;24:883‐890.
- Waring MJ, Parsons D. Physico‐chemical characterisation of carboxymethylated spun cellulose fibres. Biomaterials. 2001;22(9):903‐912.
- Jones SA, Bowler PG, Walker M. Antimicrobial activity of silver-containing dressings is influenced by dressing conformability with a wound surface. Wounds. 2005;17(9):263-270.
- Repeat Insult Patch Test CW‐0206‐11‐A730. Data on File , ConvaTec Inc
- As demonstrated in vitro.
Please note: This product does not contain latex.
Please see package insert for complete instructions for use.