Esteem™+ Flex Convex
Ostomy Product Information
As the latest addition to our range of one-piece ostomy solutions, the Esteem™+ Flex Convex system combines the comfort and freedom of flexibility with the firmness of convexity.
The Esteem™+ Flex Convex system fits the contours of your body, moving with you and helping to give you the confidence to live life the way you want.
All bodies are different. Convex wafers are designed to help manage irregular stomas and abdomens to help to reduce leakage and simplify stoma management.
What is Convexity?
There are two types of skin barriers within ostomy pouching systems1:
- Flat - a skin barrier which is flat against the skin surface.
- Convex - an outward curving of the skin barrier towards the skin.2,3
Moves with you – flexible convexity fits to body contours for comfort and easy positioning.
Designed for skin health and security – the hydrocolloid skin barrier is made to stay firmly in place, helping to minimize leakage. Soft tapered edges also help resist snagging on clothing.
You may want to consider using a convex wafer if:
You are experiencing leakage
Your stoma sits at or below skin level
You have skin folds, creases or a soft abdomen
Product Selector Tool
ConvaTec knows that there is no one-size-fits-all product that will work for every body or stoma.
Answer a few simple questions about your ostomy, discover and sample products that will fit your body, and get back to doing the things that make you, you.
Have questions? Call our me+ support team at 1-800-422-8811 today.
EsteemTM+ Flex Convex products are available in a choice of closed, drainable and urostomy pouches, with a variety of pre-cut and cut-to-fit options to suit a range of stoma shapes and sizes.
- Comfort and discretion – soft quiet fabric
- Peace of mind – split-fabric, easy-view window for accurate positioning and observation
- Trust – the filter on closed and drainable options helps minimise odours and ballooning, while the anti-reflux valve on our urostomy pouches helps prevent back flow of output
- Reassurance –the structure of the closed and drainable pouch is designed to protect the filter from liquid output
- Simple secure fastening – the clipless closure on drainable options helps make cleaning and emptying easy
- Available with multiple wafer sizes - from small to X-large (drainable only) for wider diameter stomas – up to 57mm (2 1/4”)
From jogging to simply meeting up with your friends — others with ostomies can help you get where you want to go.
Sometimes the best advice comes from someone who has already been where you are now. me+ community brings you Great Comebacks — a program ConvaTec has supported for over 30 years that celebrates inspiring people who are constantly reinventing what it means to live with an ostomy.
An entire community is waiting for you online.
1. Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society. Convex Pouching Systems: A Best Practice Document for Clinicians. Mount Laurel, NJ: Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society; 2007
2. Rolstad BS. Principles and techniques in the use of convexity. Ostomy Wound Manage. 1996; 42(1):24-32.
3. Pontieri-Lewis V. Basics of ostomy care. Medsurg Nurs. 2006; 15(4):199-202.