Search Products by Category
AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Dressing
AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Hydrofiber® Dressing with Strengthening Fibre is a soft, sterile, non-woven pad dressing composed of sodium carboxymethylcellulose and regenerated cellulose fibre for strengthening.
This conformable and highly absorbent dressing absorbs wound fluid and transforms into a soft gel, which maintains a moist environment to support the body’s healing process and aid in the removal of nonviable tissue from the wound (autolytic debridement), without damaging newly formed tissue.
Under medical supervision AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Hydrofiber® Dressing with Strengthening Fibre may be used for the management of:
- leg ulcers, pressure ulcers (Stage II-IV) and diabetic ulcers
- surgical wounds (e.g., post-operative wounds left to heal by secondary intent and donor sites),
- partial thickness burns.
- traumatic wounds (e.g., abrasions and lacerations).
- exudate absorption in oncology wounds (e.g., fungating cutaneous tumours, cutaneous metastases and Kaposi’s sarcomas).
|Code||PIP Code||NHS Code||Description||Size||Quantity|
|423409||419-2258||AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Dressing||20x24 cm||5 per box|
|420820||ELY489||AQUACEL® Extra™ Dressing||4х10 см||10 per box|
|420821||ELY490||AQUACEL® Extra™ Dressing||4х20 см||10 per box|
|420822||ELY491||AQUACEL® Extra™ Dressing||4х30 см||10 per box|
|420127||ELY368||AQUACEL® Ribbon Dressing||1x45cm||5 per box|
|S7503||ELY013||AQUACEL® Ribbon Dressing||2X45cm||5 per box|
|420671||ELY377||AQUACEL® Extra™ Dressing||5x5cm (2" x 2")||10 per box|
|420673||ELY379||AQUACEL® Extra™ Dressing||15x15cm (6" x 6")||5 per box|
|420672||ELY378||AQUACEL® Extra™ Dressing
|10x10cm (4" x 4")||10 per box|
AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Dressing is indicated for use in the following wound types:
- Leg ulcers, pressure ulcers (Stage 2-4) and diabetic ulcers.
- Surgical wounds (e.g. post-operative, donor sites, dermatological)
- Partial thickness second degree burns.
- Surgical wounds that heal by primary intent, such as dermatological and surgical incisions (e.g. orthopedic and vascular)
- Traumatic wounds
- Wounds that are prone to bleeding such as wounds that have been mechanically or surgically debrided and donor sites
- Painful wounds
- AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Dressing should not be used on individuals who are sensitive to or who have had an allergic reaction to the dressing or its components
Please note: This product does not contain latex.
Please see package insert for complete instructions for use.
Discover how the unique Hydrofiber® Technology in AQUACEL® Extra™ makes a real impact