Not all hydrocolloids are the same.
Our family of products is designed to bring gentleness to wound management, to give patients peace of mind and to make your life easier.
The advantages of a moist wound-healing environment include improved healing rate, increased epithelialization, reduced infection, enhanced collagen synthesis, and the earlier appearance of more macrophages in the wound bed1.
DuoDERM® Dressings were the first to incorporate hydrocolloid technology.
- Modern hydrocolloid dressings for the management of light to moderately exuding wounds.
- Versatile, easy to use and are suitable for managing different stages of wound healing and multiple wound types in a protocol of care.
DuoDERM® Dressings Support Gentle Wound Management
Nothing grabs your attention like something "on the edge", and this may or may not make the transition for wound management into an unfavorable situation. Wound dressings manage this situation by being applied at the right time to increase the chances of successful healing.
On contact with a moist wound surface, DuoDERM® dressings form a gel that creates an optimal moist wound healing environment.
- An outer film provides a waterproof barrier over the dressing.
- The foam layer is designed to provide both thermal and mechanical protection.
- A honeycomb matrix of hydrocolloid particles absorbs exudate to form a soft, moist gel.
- The dressings keep nerve endings moist, which helps to provide relief from discomfort.1
- DuoDERM® Dressings can be worn continuously for up to seven days unless they are uncomfortable, there is leakage or there are clinical signs of infection.