Search Products by Category
AQUACEL® SURGICAL cover dressingCombination dressing with a mix of skin-friendly hydrocolloid technology for comfort during body movement, and proprietary Hydrofiber® Technology to help manage serosanguinous fluid. Cover layer of polyurethane film provides a waterproof, viral and bacterial barrier (when intact and with no leakage).
|412017||1257946||9x10||9x10cm (3½" x 4")||10 per box|
|412018||1257949||9x15||9x15cm (3½" x 6")||10 per box|
|412019||1257952||9x25||9x25cm (3½" x 10")||10 per box|
|412020||1257955||9x35||9x35cm (3½" x 14")||10 per box|
AQUACEL™ SURGICAL cover dressings are an easy-to-use, single-product solution to the post-operative management of surgical incisions. They are designed to enhance clinical outcomes and facilitate patient mobility.
Evidence supports that, compared to a non-woven post-operative surgical cover dressing regimen, AQUACEL™ SURGICAL cover dressings.1a, 2b:
- Reduce surgical site infection (SSI)
- Reduce skin blistering
- Reduce delayed discharge
- Require fewer dressing changes
- A post-operative regimen using Mephore™ dressing covering AQUACEL® dressing was compared to a new dressing regimen of DuoDERM® Extra Thin dressing covering AQUACEL® dressing after application of a liquid film forming acrylate. A subsequent study demostrated no enhancement of the new dressing regimen by the acrylate.
- Equivalent performance of AQUACEL™ SURGICAL cover dressing to DuoDERM® Extra Thin dressing covering AQUACEL® dressing demonstrated in in vitro testing.
- Clarke JV, Deakin AH, Dillon JM, Emmerson S, Kinninmonth AWG. A prospective clinical audit of a new dressing design for lower limb arthroplasty wounds. J Wound Care. 2009;18(1):5-9.
- Laboratory Test Comparison of AQUACEL (R) Surgical Dressing 'New Design' and the Jubilee Method of Dressing Surgical Wounds. WHRI3264 TA180. October 7, 2009. Data on file, ConvaTec.
Please note: This product does not contain latex.
Please see package insert for complete instructions for use.
AQUACEL® Family Brochure