Esteem™+ Flex Convex
As the latest addition to our range of one-piece ostomy solutions, the Esteem™+ Flex Convex system combines the comfort and freedom of flexibility with the firmness of convexity.
The Esteem™+ Flex Convex system fits the contours of your body, moving with you and helping to give you the confidence to live life the way you want.
All bodies are different. Convex wafers are designed to help manage irregular stomas and abdomens to help to reduce leakage and simplify stoma management.
What is Convexity?
There are two types of skin barriers within ostomy pouching systems1:
- Flat - a skin barrier which is flat against the skin surface.
- Convex - an outward curving of the skin barrier towards the skin.2
Moves with you – flexible convexity fits to body contours for comfort and easy positioning.
Designed for skin health and security – the hydrocolloid skin barrier is made to stay firmly in place, helping to minimize leakage. Soft tapered edges also help resist snagging on clothing.
You may want to consider using a convex wafer if:
You are experiencing leakage
Your stoma sits at or below skin level
You have skin folds, creases or a soft abdomen
Think Esteem+ Flex Convex could be right for you?
Product Selector Tool
ConvaTec knows that there is no one-size-fits-all product that will work for every body or stoma.
Answer a few simple questions about your ostomy, discover and sample products that will fit your body, and get back to doing the things that make you, you.
Get Started Now
Have questions? Call our me+ support team at 1-800-422-8811 today.
EsteemTM+ Flex Convex products are available in a choice of closed, drainable and urostomy pouches, with a variety of pre-cut and cut-to-fit options to suit a range of stoma shapes and sizes.
- Comfort and discretion – soft quiet fabric
- Peace of mind – split-fabric, easy-view window for accurate positioning and observation
- Trust – the filter on closed and drainable options helps minimise odours and ballooning, while the anti-reflux valve on our urostomy pouches helps prevent back flow of output
- Reassurance –the structure of the closed and drainable pouch is designed to protect the filter from liquid output
- Simple secure fastening – the clipless closure on drainable options helps make cleaning and emptying easy
- Available with multiple wafer sizes - from small to X-large (drainable only) for wider diameter stomas – up to 57mm (2 1/4”)
Learn more about the Esteem™+ Flex Convex products:
From jogging to simply meeting up with your friends — others with ostomies can help you get where you want to go.
Sometimes the best advice comes from someone who has already been where you are now. me+ community brings you Great Comebacks — a program ConvaTec has supported for over 30 years that celebrates inspiring people who are constantly reinventing what it means to live with an ostomy.
An entire community is waiting for you online.
More in Guide to Ostomy Products
It’s normal to have many feelings and questions. But you’re not alone. With me+, we completely surround you with the support, inspiration, insights and ideas that you need to live with an ostomy in your own wayRead more
Using Your Product
Choosing the Ostomy System That's Right for You
Whether you’ve had colostomy, ileostomy or urostomy surgery, we can help find the right system that will work for your ostomy type.Read more
Pouch For Every Need
ConvaTec is proud to offer products for any situation that comes your way, because your ostomy shouldn’t get in the way of living your life.Read more
Creates a protective layer that shields your skin from the damaging effects of adhesives, body waste and skin irritation.Read more
ease™ Strips help keep your skin barrier in place.Read more
Eakin Cohesive Seals
eakin Cohesive® Seals can be molded to a variety of shapes to help prevent leakage around your ostomy by acting as filler for uneven skin surfaces.Read more
Convatec's Proprietary Adhesives
Our hydrocolloid adhesives are designed for use in high-moisture environments and have decades of proven product performance.Read more
Convex wafers are designed to help reduce leakage and simplify stoma management.Read more
Discover Convatec Natura®, our premium line of 2-piece stoma systems. Healthy Bonds in life start with a healthy bond between you and your pouch.Read more
Esteem+ Flex & Soft Convex
Esteem™+ Flex and Soft Convex are part of the Esteem™+ one-piece convex portfolio which offers a range of products designed to address different stoma shapes and sizes.Read more
Skin care products providing silicone-based skin protection and adhesive remover. And Introducing a new Lubricating Deodorant made with natural ingredients including eucalyptus, lavender and pine oils.Read more
1. Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society. CONVEX POUCHING SYSTEMS BEST PRACTICE for CLINICIANS.; 2017. https://cdn.ymaws.com/member.wocn.org/resource/resmgr/document_library/Convex_Pouching_Systems_Best.pdf
2. Colwell JC, Stoia Davis J, Emodi K, et al. Use of a Convex Pouching System in the Postoperative Period: A National Consensus. Journal of Wound Ostomy & Continence Nursing. 2022;49(3):240-246. doi:10.1097/WON.0000000000000874