How do DuoDERM® dressings support gentle wound management?
- Nothing grabs your attention like something ´on the edge´
- It might or might not make the transition into an unfavorable situation.
- Wound dressings manage this situation by being applied at the right point in time to increase the chances of successful healing.
On contact with a moist wound surface, DuoDERM ® dressings form a gel that creates a moist wound healing environment.
1. An outer film provides a waterproof barrier over the dressing.
2. The foam layer is designed to provide both thermal and mechanical protection.
3. A honeycomb matrix of hydrocolloid particles absorbs exudate to form a soft, moist gel.
4. The dressings keep nerve endings moist, which helps to provide relief from discomfort.1,2
5. DuoDERM ® dressings can be worn continuously for up to seven days unless they are uncomfortable, there is leakage or there are clinical signs of infection.
- Day A, Dombranski B, Farkas C, et al. Managing sacral pressure ulcers with hydrocolloid dressings: Results of a controlled clinical study. Ostomy/Wound Management. 1995; 41: 52-65.
- Burgess B. An investigation of hydrocolloids: a comparative prospective randomised trial of the performance of three hydrocolloid dressings. Prof Nurse. 1993; 8 (suppl 7): 2-6.
ConvaTec can provide you with more information about Wound & skin Products and Services.