DuoDERM® CGF® dressing
DuoDERM® CGF® dressing is an adherent dressing indicated for the management of exuding wounds.
- It is beneficial for patient health that trained healthcare professionals use DuoDERM® CGF® dressings at the right point in time during the healing of a wound.
- It promotes granulation and facilitates autolytic debridement.
- Autolytic debridement removes necrotic tissue as quickly as enzymatic debridement.
Evidence-based action plans for hydrating dry wounds include creation of a moist wound environment to prevent wound drying and to allow autolytic debridement to occur.
EASE OF USE
- DuoDERM® dressings can be worn for up to seven days.
- The dressings are highly conformable - and can be easily and gently moulded into place
- Romanelli M. Objective measurement of venous ulcer debridement and granulation with a skin color reflectance analyzer. WOUNDS. 1997;9:122-126
- Lydon M, Scudder C, Heaf D. The fibrinolytic activity of DuoDERM dressing. Excerpta Medica. 1988:24-29
- Burgos A, Gómez MJ, García L et al. Cost, efficacy, efficiency and tolerability of collagenase ointment versus hydrocolloid occlusive dressing in the treatment of pressure ulcers: a comparative, randomised, multicentre study. Clin Drug Invest. 2000 May;19(5):357-365
- Ratliff CR, Bryant DE. Guideline for Prevention and Management of Pressure Ulcers: WOCN
- Sieggreen MY, Kline RA. Arterial insufficiency and ulceration: diagnosis and treatment options. Adv Skin Wound Care: 2004 Jun;17(5):242-251
ConvaTec can provide you with more information about Wound & skin Products and Services.