AQUACEL ® Dressing offers the unique gelling action of Hydrofiber® Technology that absorbs and locks in exudate and bacteria.1
Hydrofiber® Technology drives the outstanding capabilities of AQUACEL ® Dressing.
Because AQUACEL ® Dressing incorporates Hydrofiber® Technology, it:
- Provides excellent absorption and retention capabilities for moderate to highly exuding wounds.2
- Conforms to the wound surface to form an intimate contacta,3
- Helps reduce wound pain while the dressing is in situ and upon removal.4-7
- Supports wound healing by providing a moist wound healing environment
SCHEMATIC ILLUSTRATION OF SEQUESTRATION OF BACTERIA BY HYDROFIBER® TECHNOLOGY
- Walker M, Hobot JA, Newman GR, Bowler PG. Scanning electron microscopic examination of bacterial immobilisation in a carboxymethylcellulose (Aquacel) and alginate dressings. Biomaterials. 2003;24(5):883-890.
- Waring MJ, Parsons D,. Physico-chemical characterisation of carboxymethylated spun cellulose fibres. Biomaterials. 2001; 22: 903-912.
- Hoekstra MJ, Hermans MH, Richters CD, Dutrieux RP. A histological comparison of acute inflammatory responses with a hydrofibre or tulle gauze dressing. J Wound Care. 2002;11(3):113-117.
- Armstrong SH, Brown DA, Hill E, Ruckley CV. A randomized trial of a new Hydrofiber dressing, AQUACEL, and an alginate in the treatment of exuding leg ulcers. Presented at: 5th European Conference on Advances in Wound Management; November 21-24, 1995; Harrogate, UK.
- Barnea Y, Amir A, Leshem D et al. Clinical comparative study of Aquacel and paraffin gauze dressing for split-skin donor site treatment. Ann Plast Surg. 2004;53(2):132-136.
- Caruso DM, Foster KN, Blome-Eberwein SA et al. Randomized clinical study of Hydrofiber dressing with silver or silver sulfadiazine in the management of partial-thickness burns. J Burn Care Res 2006; 27(3):298-309.
- Kogan L, Moldavsky M, Szvalb S, Govrin-Yehudain J. Comparative study of Aquacel and Silverol treatment in burns. Ann Burns Fire Disasters 2004; 17(4):201-207.
- In its gelled state in an animal study
ConvaTec can provide you with more information about Wound & skin Products and Services.